Psychology Graduate Student Central Page
The current graduate student page provides important information about requirements and opportunities as well as forms to help students proceed through the degree process.
The Master’s degree forms describe the necessary steps for students to advance from the thesis prospectus to the thesis defense, usually completed by the end of the second year. The timeline for the doctoral degree is individualized and advances from the qualifying examination, through the dissertation prospectus and finally to the dissertation defense process and graduation. For both areas, supervised practica are required. Practica may be completed at a variety of established sites or students may consult with the Practicum Coordinator, Dr. Monica Marsee, to design new practicum opportunities.
For additional information, current students are encouraged to examine the departmental rules and regulations or contact Cindy Landry in the Psychology Department office at (504) 280-6291 or email@example.com.
(Suggested timing of steps for student to make normal progress toward degree)
Masters Degree Forms
3. Candidate plan of study – Master’s degree (PDF)
4. Application for degree (needs to be completed during the first week of classes of the semester the student plans on graduating.)(scroll down to master’s degree forms on this page)
5. Thesis approval form (bring to defense) (PDF)
Doctoral Degree Forms
1. Doctoral program of study (PDF)
a. Top half of the form is completed after successfully orally defending qualifying exams.
b. Bottom half is completed and given to me.
2. Application for degree (needs to be completed during the first week of classes of the semester the student plans on graduating. (scroll down to doctoral degree forms on this page)
3. Request for doctoral exam (due 2 weeks before the doctoral defense) (PDF)
4. Thesis approval form (bring to defense) (PDF)
1. PSYC 6791: Practicum in Applied Psychology - Site Application (Word)
2. PSYC 6791: Practicum in Applied Psychology - Student Contract (Word)
3. Practicum Student Evaluation Form (Word)
4. Site Evaluation Form (Word)
Doctoral Program Advising Checklist
Departmental Rules and Regulations (Click here)